Welcome

Welcome to my own little corner of cyberspace for all things Stephanie Plum and much, much more. I absolutely love - Okay, I'm completely obsessed with- Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. After diligent searching for anything Plum on the internet, I discovered that the Stephanie 411 was next to nil. So this is my own little contribution to the lingerie buyer turned bounty hunter world of Stephanie Plum whose lot in life is to choose between two blindingly delicious, strong, sexy men; escape the occasional car fire; and refrain from the temptations of a delectible boston creme donut threatening to widen her waistline.

Welcome to Stephanie's Obsession! Please Enjoy!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Katherine Heigl on Changing Her Hair for the 'One for the Money' Role

Another old interview from March, but still interesting. Katherine Heigl wanted to show a committment to the role and the fan base.
'A hot topic of conversation at the ShoWest Convention Awards yesterday was Katherine's recent switch to dark brown hair and she revealed to E!'s Marc Malkin that the change was driven by a new movie role.


Katherine will star in the movie adaptation of novelist Janet Evanovich's book "One For The Money" about a young, lingerie saleswoman turned bounty hunter called Stephanie Plum and it is this part that inspired her to make the change. Chatting backstage before collecting the award for Female Star Of The Year she told the reporter:

"She's a very specific kind of girl, and I didn't want to disappoint the fans because I know what it's like when your favorite book gets made into a movie and it's not what you had hoped," Heigl told me backstage before her dress disaster. "I wanted to go out there and show the fans I'm committed to Stephanie."

She's so committed that she actually made the hair switcheroo without even having a start date for filming. "I've been dying to do it anyway," Heigl said. "I love it. It's a nice change. I've just been so 'the blonde' for so long that it's nice to shake things up."'
I think she gets how important this role is to all the Stephanie Plum fans out there. Here's crossing my fingers that she delivers July 8, 2011.  I have a good feeling she will! What are your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad she's so committed to making the fans happy. I am very happy with her as the choice to play Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am too! I think she is going to rock the part!

    ReplyDelete